Recent Meeting Minutes

CLOUD PEAK RADIO & ELECTRONICS GROUP

Minutes of Meeting July 3, 2018

Meeting commenced at 6:30pm.

Those present: Ron Stanker (KI7BJO), Gary Morton (AA5XJ), Tom Schnatterbeck (WY1TMS), John Lundberg (KG7KZK), Wally Wolfe (KF7EB), Dave Hamaker (N9NLP), Marge Carter (WA1VLF), Chris Smith (NX0E), Susan Smith (KA7NNX), Bruce Edwards (N7QIY), John Waterhouse (N4HAT), Bruce McCartney (KI7OYE), and Nancy Stanker (KI7DTH).

TREASURER’S REPORT: None Given

OLD BUSINESS:

Field Day: Was a success, though the weather was not the best. We had a CW station and 2 SSB stations and logged in over 100 contacts. A Big Thank You to all that worked Field Day. This also includes those that provided food for the Saturday night potluck. Currently waiting for Steve Schilling to give the club total contacts made, to submit to ARRL.

Club Repeater: It was approved at the Social Meeting in June for the Club to purchase supplies to build the box base and pad for the Club repeater tower. It was estimated at that time to be approximately $500.00. Ron checked prices and it will be $494 plus tax to build a 3 x 3 x 4 box, including 32 pieces of rebar and 80 bags of concrete. It was decided a work party would meet at Ron’s home in Story on Saturday July 7th from 9-noon. NOTE: After meeting had adjourned, Ron sent an email changing the work date to July 14th.

NEW BUSINESS:

Swap Fest 2019: It was mentioned that W7QNS provided positive feedback on this past Swapfest. Time to set a date for the 2019 event. Third Saturday is out as it conflicts with the Big Horn Basin Radio Club’s meeting and they like to attend. It was set for April 27th at the Masonic Lodge. Need to submit to QST as soon as possible to get it on their calendar.
Nancy brought up having food at the event, unfortunately, however, the cost of the food outweighs the sales.

Wyoming Convention 2019: Chris brought up the fact that the WY Convention is looking for a location and thought maybe the Club would be interested in hosting it. If so, the Club would have to do a presentation at the September meeting in Rock Springs. Ron thought that the Club wasn’t ready at this time to host. However, the Division Convention 2020 might be a better venue for the Club and he will start searching for locations.

VA Exercise (May 10, 2018): Bruce Edwards brought up that Emergency Management provided 2 ham bands. Chris and Dave worked on putting up an antenna on the roof of the Sheridan Memorial Hospital. Was a ½ day project.

Events: August 10-12, 2018: MS Bike Ride. Still no information on that. Would be great if the repeater was up in time. Day in the Park: Still a possibility for this year. Boy Scout Jamboree: Tom will look into this further. Bruce E. suggested a kids day in Kendrick Park. A mini field day.

Meeting Adjourned 7:39 pm

Respectively Submitted,
Marge (WA1VLF), Secretary